All Dressed in White

August 3, 2011

Right now, I’m loving new twists on wedding color palettes. I don’t know about you all, but I’m kind of bored of the main-color-plus-an-accent-color used in everything from invitations to flowers. My favorite alternatives are not choosing colors at all, and working around a style or concept instead, or going completely monochromatic. To up the drama even more for a one-color wedding, what about using all white? Just because there’s no color doesn’t mean you would have to sacrifice style–instead, play with a variety of textures, dimensions, and unexpected details.

{White bride and groom style: Style Me Pretty| Orchid garland: Style Me Pretty| Brooch bouquet: Green Wedding Shoes| Garden Rose Cake: Sweet and Saucy Shop| Display table: Wedding Chicks| White bridesmaid dresses: Style Me Pretty| White dessert table: Ruffled| White table settings: Style Me Pretty}

I love all the fun pieces and elements of this board (especially that brooch bouquet), and I think the consistent color makes it all look clean, cohesive, and elegant. What do you think?

Have a great day!

Love,

Lisa

1. I like this idea! I didn’t do the traditional two or three color palette either. I went with a bunch of different shades of pink, yellow, orange, and white and I loved it! I liked not being limited.

Comment by The Blonde @ Stylish3 — August 3, 2011 @ 5:17 pm

2. I seriously want to see your wedding pictures! You should post them sometime…or submit them to me to post! ;)

Comment by Lisa — August 3, 2011 @ 5:45 pm

3. I love that ribbon curtain. So feminine and celebratory!

Comment by Abby Grace — August 3, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

4. I absolutely love the idea of an all white wedding! A friend of mine is doing champagne colors for her bridesmaids and an off-white gown for herself – I adore it!

xo!

Comment by Sarah {Raving Fashionista} — August 3, 2011 @ 7:47 pm

5. Yessss love all white!!

Comment by Lauren @ ELD — August 3, 2011 @ 7:47 pm

6. i like the orchid garland and the cake, but i dont know how i feel about the bridesmaids wearing white as well. i do think it’s a good idea to try to work around one color, or a concept. challenging though!

Comment by Dana — August 3, 2011 @ 7:47 pm

7. i like colorssss!

Comment by Kristen — August 5, 2011 @ 1:33 pm

8. Yes! I’ve been dreaming about a wedding where a bride just picked out whatever she loved and completely disregarded colors. So glad I am not the only one. :) I think it would turn out beautifully and I would love to never have to coordinate or attended another purple wedding again!

Comment by Jess — September 8, 2011 @ 2:03 pm