Elegant Winery

October 10, 2011

Wow, what an incredible weekend. As you probably know by now from my talking about it constantly on Something Pretty, and even on Hey Gorgeous last week, my best friend got married in Virginia on Friday. I am exhausted and overjoyed, and can’t believe that the girl who has been my other half since 1993 (!!!) has a new last name now! Angela and Mark were blessed with a gorgeous, cloudless day, a breathtaking ceremony (I bawled my eyes out when she walked down the aisle, no surprise there), and an insanely fun reception. The day could not have been more beautiful, and I can hardly wait till she gets back from her honeymoon because I miss her already!

Since I’ve been talking about it nonstop, I thought I would show you all an inspiration board I put together based on the wedding. Angela didn’t make an inspiration board during her planning process, but she has had a crystal clear vision right off the bat. If she had made an inspiration board, there’s a good change it might’ve looked something like this:

{Elegant Winery}

{Gold shoes| wine colors| grape motif| wine barrel with candles| corks as place cards| white cake (I forgot to save the source of this picture…let me know if you know where it’s from, please!)| cork cheese spreader favors (her actual favor… so cute!| Williamsburg Winery}

Gorgeous, right? So there’s your teaser…keep your fingers crossed that she lets me post her actual wedding pictures when they come out! ;)

Love,

Lisa

1. looking at this brings back so many memories from the weekend! i wish we could do it all over again!

Comment by Dana — October 10, 2011 @ 11:42 am

2. That’s a gorgeous inspiration board!!
    I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that she lets you post pictures… I’m a SUCKER for wedding pictures!!!
    Glad you had a great time :)

Comment by amkisses — October 10, 2011 @ 12:28 pm

3. so cute!!! this gives the exact feeling of the wedding <3

Comment by Kristen — October 10, 2011 @ 6:06 pm

4. She’d better let you post those photos-I’m dying to see them! If this board is any indication, the big day was simply spectacular!

Comment by Lena — October 10, 2011 @ 9:12 pm

5. So us more more more Lise :) So glad you had such a wonderful trip home! You deserved it. Chat soon love xoxo

Comment by Rhiannon {Hey Gorg} — October 11, 2011 @ 7:25 am

6. Fun! Hope we get to see the real pictures! Can you do an inspiration board for my friend? She’s getting married next August at her beachside hometown in Florida. Her buzzwords are “rustic” and “coastal” and her colors are going to be light grey, white/ivory, with touches of green. The ceremony is going to be at a gorgeous old (like super old) chapel, and then the reception will be at a beachside venue that’s part of a marina. Any help to get her started?

Comment by The Blonde @ Stylish3 — October 14, 2011 @ 3:22 pm

7. I’m on it!! Sounds gorgeous already! I’ll work on it over the weekend :)

Comment by Lisa — October 14, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

8. Of COURSE I’ll let you post our pics, BFF!! :) Still waiting on the professional shots but I’ll definitely let you know once I receive the high res images! This inspiration board is dead on too.

Comment by angie — October 18, 2011 @ 9:38 pm