Dress Envy

May 10, 2012

Have you ever heard of Sue Wong? I hadn’t until last summer, when my mom and sisters and I took a trip to Nordstrom in downtown Houston. I was flipping through some cocktail dresses when I came across a Sue Wong dress that I fell head over heels in love with. Even though it was almost $500, I had to try it on immediately, and I still don’t think I will ever love a dress so much until I buy a wedding dress. It was a spaghetti strap cocktail-length dress made of beige silk chiffon with a sweetheart neckline. The bodice was completely beaded, the skirt was pleated, and the hem was lined with big chiffon rosettes. Aka, it was completely gorgeous, and even a year later, I still dream about it! I can only imagine that this bride who rocked a Sue Wong bridal gown felt similar, though of course, she was lucky enough to buy and keep her dress. ;)

This gorgeous couple was photographed by Silvana Difranco and featured on Style Me Pretty. Those tiers are just too lovely for words!

Have you ever fallen in love with a dress? I want to hear all about it!

Love,

Lisa

1. I bet that dress looked stunning on you, Lise :) I fall in love with gown far too often. I can feel for you! xoxo

Comment by Rhiannon — May 10, 2012 @ 9:48 am

2. The first time I put on my navy blue marc jacobs silk dress I swear I almost died. It’s one of the most beautiful (and expensive) things I have ever purchased but I have been able to wear it so many times that it has paid for itself time and time again. It was my first true love. *weeps happily*

Comment by Dani — May 10, 2012 @ 10:19 am

3. i love love love love this dress! my purple prom dress was true love. i saw it in the window and was like “the dress of my dreams!” kept walking, turned around, tried it on, and nearly died. i cried when i took it off at the end of prom!

Comment by Dana — May 10, 2012 @ 2:04 pm

4. I think the last dress I fell in love with a left was in the 8th grade-it was a beautiful bias cut silk cocktail dress with a Monet-inspired waterlilies print that had a few paillettes sewn on for a touch of sparkle. My mom and I left in the store and came back for it the very next day–when it was gone, we swore to each other we’d never let a dress we loved fall out of our hands!

Comment by Lena — May 10, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

5. I heart Sue Wong. She has an incredible collection of cocktail dresses as well.

Comment by Tamra {Ever Swoon} — May 10, 2012 @ 8:45 pm