Summer has felt nice and slow, but then all of a sudden, it was my sister’s birthday yesterday (happy birthday, Dana!!), and now, it’s September! I’m sad that summer is coming to a close–it’s definitely my favorite–but I’ve realized that I’m really excited to experience a new season with a husband. Summer started pretty much as soon as we got back from our honeymoon, and being married has made these last few months feel even more special. I’ve heard a lot of people say that they feel exactly the same after getting married, but that has not been the case for us at all, and I love it. I got so excited yesterday chatting with Dave about making our favorite chilis and soups, pulling out our coziest blankets, and going for runs in crisp weather, and I can’t wait to see what our first married fall is like!
1. Finish writing wedding thank you notes. Finally!!
2. Train for and run the Run for Life 5K (and hopefully beat my time from last year). YES! I beat my time last year by four minutes and felt great.
3. Host our first guests in our apartment. – Our friends weren’t able to make it, so I’m bumping this goal to September for when Dave’s parents stay with us for a night.
4. Unplug for vacation with Dave’s family in the Adirondacks. Yes, and it was heavenly. Read about it here.
1. Host Dave’s parents well in our apartment.
2. Serve my first couple well at their wedding ceremony! I joined the wedding committee at church (the same church where Dave and I were married) and I’m really excited/a little bit nervous to help at my first wedding this month.
3. Successfully complete my first month of my fall capsule wardrobe.
4. Stay under our food budget. Travel/a little bit of laziness led to too much money spent at restaurants in August, and I really want to do better this month.
5. Start a new fall tradition with Dave. (Do you have any favorites we should consider? I’d love to hear!)