For the past couple of years, I’ve set a goal to get all of my Christmas shopping done in November. Not only does this free up my December to focus on relaxing, enjoying my family, and celebrating my favorite traditions, it also gets me the most bang for my buck thanks to all of the post-Thanksgiving sales coming up. It takes a little bit of advance planning, but it’s so worth it–there’s just no need to deal with packed mall parking lots (AKA the exact opposite of Christmas spirit) or pricey rush shipping fees that are inevitable in a few weeks! And as for the planning ahead part, that’s what I’m here for :) Over the next two weeks, I’ll be sharing four gift guides, plus a round-up of the best Cyber Week sales, including all the details right in one place. Gift guides will cover my favorite home/hostess gifts, gifts for both mamas (see below!) and little ones, and gifts for fashion enthusiasts, while my Cyber Week round-up will include all of my favorite stores (that I know are some of your favorites too!). It’s my hope that these guides free up even MORE of your time this holiday season by giving you plenty of ideas for your favorite folks. Let’s get started, shall we?
This gift guide for new mamas (though many of the items would be great for more experienced moms too!) was one of the most fun for me to create this year. Obviously, I’m knee-deep in this season myself, so many of these gifts are things I have loved and appreciated most (or, would love and appreciate most ;)). With so many friends who also have little ones or are expecting, I know I’ll be picking up a few of these things to give this Christmas!
Note: I tried to include lots of under $50 gifts in my guides this year since that’s usually my cap, but I included a few splurges as well, which are starred!
*1. Gorgeous robe: The prettiest gift that’s perfect for newborn photos!
2. The best dry shampoo: I’ve tried a few different dry shampoos, but always come back to this Drybar option.
*3. Brightening face mask: Indulging in luxe skin products might be the best way to counter a lack of beauty sleep, don’t you think? ;)
4. Teething necklace (use code SOMETHING PRETTY for 15% off!): Charlie isn’t teething quite yet, but I’ve already stocked up on these fun necklaces, which made with silicone beads, safe for babies to chew on!
*5. Chic diaper bag (also comes in black): Leave it to Kate Spade to make diaper bags that are as stylish as they are functional.
6. Multi-use cover (use code LISA15 for 15% off, and enter to win a $30 gift card on my Instagram here!): As seen in this blog post last week, this cover is so helpful for outings with baby boy!
7. The Magnolia Story: I loved this autobiography by the ever-inspiring Chip and Joanna–especially the parts about raising their family.
*8. Mom necklace: A classic and understated bauble that any mom would love!
9. Thermal mug: Because new mama life means you have to reheat your coffee three times if you use a normal mug ;)
10. Metallic gold swaddles (comes in three metallic colors): Aden and Anais swaddles are so soft, and their new metallics are dreamy!
11. Cozy button-up pajamas (comes in three colors): PJ sets make long days at home feel a little more put together, and button-up versions are so convenient for nursing.
*12. Baby book: Hands down, the best baby book on the market! This one is gender neutral and full of sweet and easy-to-fill-out prompts, plus plenty of blank pages.
*13. Colorful popover (comes in eight fun prints): I have been living in my Lilly popover since Charlie was born. Not only is it adorable, the zipper also goes low enough to make it nursing-friendly.
14. Comfy t-shirt: I ordered a unisex Walk in Love shirt (in a size up) specifically to wear at the end of pregnancy and post-partum. I love that it doubles as a comfy tee and as encouragement!
*15. Solly wrap: We’re obsessed with our Solly wrap! It’s a lifesaver for when Charlie wants to be close to me but I need to get things done around the house.
16. Pink slippers (comes in three colors): Especially in the winter, these would be so welcome for a hospital bag or a new mom on maternity leave.
Next up, gifts for the home, coming on Wednesday!