I’m not sure if I can adequately express how grateful I am for the long weekend we just spent in Charleston! As you can guess, it has been an emotional few months for me, and when Dave and I started brainstorming ways to celebrate our second anniversary, the idea of heading to a beautiful city that’s an easy drive from Raleigh, just the three of us, sounded like complete bliss. Dave and I hadn’t been on a trip that wasn’t to see family members (a major downside of living far from both sides: all our travel is to see them!) since our honeymoon, and it felt so delightfully indulgent and relaxing. Let’s just say that it definitely won’t be two years before we go on another one! I have a few recap posts planned, and I can’t wait to go through all our photos and write them over the next week!
1. Stick to Couch to 5K, and find an upcoming 5K to sign up for (I ran twice as much as I did in March, but not three times a week yet. I’m definitely going to do the Run for Life in August, but am keeping an eye out for something earlier as well!)
2. Go to the Y twice a week (Ugh, still struggling to get into a groove, but getting better!)
Read three books
Celebrate Charlie’s first Easter!
Go on two date nights while parents are in town (went on one and it was so much fun!)
Finish planning our anniversary trip to Charleston!
Celebrate our second wedding anniversary!
2. Try a new class at the Y, possibly with a friend
3. Serve a couple at my church as part of the wedding committee (I took a hiatus when Charlie was born and am so excited to get back into it!)
4. Give our house’s exterior a makeover (we have to get a new roof, so we decided we’re also going to paint our front door and redo some of our landscaping)
5. Write a personal essay about motherhood